Any applicant holding Indian passport and a status in Status in Canada (Visitor/Study/Work permit or PR) and living in Consulate’s consular jurisdiction can apply for passport renewal.
When can I renew my Indian passport in Canada?
Hence it is important to have it re-issued before the date of expiry. The passport can be submitted for re-issue up to one year before the date of expiry. Your Indian passport is a valuable document.
Can I renew my Indian passport now?
Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on “Register Now” link on the Home Page). Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id. Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link.
What if my Indian passport has expired in Canada?
* If the Indian passport had expired more than one year ago, the applicant will be required to submit a Search letter from Canadian Authorities certifying that the applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
How much does it cost to renew Indian passport in Canada?
How much does it cost to renew Indian passport in Canada? The fee for re-issue of passport is CAD$ 110.40 containing 36 pages – validity 10 years. The fee for re-issue of passport for minors below 18 years of age is CAD$ 77.40 containing 36 pages.
What are documents required for renewal of passport?
Documents Required for Applying Passport Online
- Proof of Identity. Aadhar Card. Pan Card. …
- Proof of Address. Aadhar Card. …
- Proof of Education. Matriculation Certificate. …
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Pension Book / Pension Order.
- Employer Certificate.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- For Renewal / Reissue of Passport. Original Old Passport.
Can a passport be renewed before it expires?
You can apply for a re-issue of passport up to 1 year before the expiry and not earlier. However, in case of any change of personal particulars, lost/damaged, Exhaustion of pages you may apply for re-issue of passport.
Is police verification required for passport renewal in India?
Under new policies, police verification is not required for reissue/renewal of passport if the applicant submits the renewal application before his/her current passport expires. Additionally, the applicant’s previous police verification should be clear and he/she should have no criminal cases against him/her.
What documents do I need to renew my Indian passport in Canada?
You will need copies of the following materials:
- First and last pages of your current passport.
- Proof of legal status in Canada.
- PR card.
- Study visa.
- Work visa.
- Visitor record.
- Your landing paper.
- Proof of residence.
How can a minor renew Indian passport in Canada?
- Duly filled in passport application form counter signed by both the parents along with a photocopy of both the parents’ passports.
- For a New Passport: Four colored photographs against a light background showing full frontal view of the face (size 35mm x 35mm).
Can I travel back to India with expired Indian passport?
You will not be allowed to travel to India with an expired US passport (or expired passport of any country other than India) unless you have alternative unexpired documentation (such as a OCI card) that would create a reasonable expectation that you will be admissible upon arrival in India.