What are the five hill stations in India?
List of the Top 10 Famous Hill Stations in India
- Leh Ladakh – Land of the High Passes.
- Nainital, Uttarakhand – The Hill Station of Lakes.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh – Valley of the Gods.
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand – The Queen of the Hill Stations.
- Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir – Popular Hill Station and Skiing Destination.
What are the five hill stations?
Five Hill Stations Worth Travelling To In North India
- Shimla – Himachal Pardesh.
- Dalhousie – Himachal Pardesh.
- Ranikhet – Uttarakhand.
- Nanital – Uttarakhand.
- Manali – Himachal Pardesh.
What are the top 10 hill stations in India?
10 hill stations to visit in India
- McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh. A suburb of Dharamshala, it is. …
- Darjeeling, West Bengal. This town is situated in the Himalayan foothills. …
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. …
- Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. …
- Nainital, Uttarakhand. …
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh. …
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. …
- Shillong, Meghalaya.
What are the major hill stations in India?
The Shivalik range that also lies within the same region also has some famous hill stations that include Mussoorie, Drass, Dalhousie, Kullu, Shimla, Nainital and many more. Most of the hill stations in India were developed by the British around a central mall to get respite from the oppressive summer heat.
Which is the cheapest hill station in India?
Araku valley is also famous by the name of ‘Ooty of Andhra Pradesh’ and has some of the most beautiful mountains such as Galikonda, Chitamogondi. Jindhagada Peak, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta etc. Being the cheapest hill resorts in India, Araku Valley is also one of the most visited places while being on a tour.
Which is most beautiful hill station in India?
10 Most Beautiful Hill Stations of India
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. …
- Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir. …
- Darjeeling, West Bengal. …
- Shillong, Meghalaya. …
- Binsar, Uttarakhand. …
- Gangtok, Sikkim. …
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. Kodai Lake | Image credit: Ashwin John. …
- Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. Image credit: Prashant Ram.
Which is better Ooty or Darjeeling?
Both the places have different scenic beauty and characteristics. The himalayan peaks make Darjeeling more attractive. On the other hand, Ooty is more clean with less traffic and smooth roads.
Which is famous as a hill station?
20 Must Visit Hill Stations in India – 2021
|Top Hill Stations in India||Nearest Airport||Famous For|
|Shimla||Chandigarh||Adventure, scenic beauty|
|Mussoorie||Dehradun||Weekend getaway, adventure|
|Haldwani||Pantnagar||Leisure, scenic beauty|
|Shillong||Shillong||national park, lakes|
Which is the biggest hill station in India?
Situated at an altitude of 3,505 metres, amidst the Himalayan and Karakoram mountain ranges, Leh, the headquarters of the Ladakh region in Kashmir is the highest hill station in India.
Is a picturesque hill station in India?
Manali. Being surrounded by Pir Panjal and the Dhauladhar ranges, Manali is one of the most popular hill stations in India. The lush green forests, gushing river water, and sprawling meadows in the valley make it a picturesque hill station.