27 April, 2 May and 7 May – In general elections the ruling Congress Party is defeated and Bharatiya Janata Party becomes the largest single party in parliament. … 17 to 28 May – Atal Bihari Vajpayee, leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party, is elected the new Prime Minister of India, replacing P. V.
What big events happened in 1996?
- January 7: North American blizzard of 1996.
- April 3: Theodore Kaczynski arrested.
- June 25: Khobar Towers Bombing.
- September 3: Operation Desert Strike.
- November 5: Bill Clinton re-elected president.
- December 6: General Motors EV1.
What was the government of India in 1996?
The Indian general election in 1996 returned a fractured verdict. With the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerging as the largest party, with 161 of 543 seats, it was invited first to form a government. It accepted the offer, and Atal Bihari Vajpayee was sworn in as prime minister.
What are some major events that happened in India?
- 2500–1600BC. Harappan (Indus Valley) Civilisation.
- 1500BC onwards. Central Asian Aryans migrate to the Indian subcontinent.
- 563BC. Birth of Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha. c. 325BC. Chandragupta Maurya founds the Mauryan empire. c. 260BC. King Ashoka converts to Buddhism. c. AD320. Gupta empire is established.
Who was famous in 1996?
Born in 1996
- Tom Holland, 25. Movie Actor.
- Zendaya, 24. TV Actress.
- David Dobrik, 25.
- Dove Cameron, 25. TV Actress.
- RiceGum, 24.
- Lele Pons, 25.
- Liza Koshy, 25.
- GeorgeNotFound, 24.
How old are you if born in 1996?
How old am I if I was born in 1996? – If you were born in 1996, you are 25 years old. If your date of birth is after August 10, then your age is 24 years old.
Who ruled India in 1996?
1996 Indian general election
|Leader||Atal Bihari Vajpayee||P. V. Narasimha Rao|
|Leader’s seat||Lucknow Gandhinagar (vacated)||Berhampur|
How many seats did BJP won in 1996?
Atal Bihari Vajpayee of Bharatiya Janata Party, the single largest party to win this election, winning 67 more seats than previous 10th Lok Sabha, formed the government which lasted for only 13 days.
Who won 2004 election in India?
2004 Indian general election
|Leader||Sonia Gandhi||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Leader since||19 March 1998||16 May 1996|