Which state has lowest tribal population in India?
Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Population
|State with highest proportion of Scheduled Castes||Punjab ( 28.9 %)|
|State with highest proportion of Scheduled Tribes||Mizoram ( 94.5 % )|
|State with lowest proportion of Scheduled Tribes||Goa (0.04 %)|
|UT with highest proportion of Scheduled Tribes||Lakshadweep (94.5 %)|
Which is the poorest tribe in India?
This contributed to the Indian perception that the Adivasi were poor, ignorant and backward. According to the 2011 census of India’s population, Scheduled Tribes made up approximately 8 percent of India’s population. Scheduled Tribes also accounted for 25 percent of the poorest populations in India.
Which caste is maximum in India?
Share of caste demographics India 2019
The formation of these groups is a result of the historical social structure of the country. As of 2019, Other Backward Class (OBC) constituted the largest part of the Indian population accounting for more than 40 percent.
Which is the richest caste in India?
Top 10 Richest Caste in India
- Sikh. …
- Kayasth. …
- Brahmin. …
- Banias. …
- Punjabi Khatri. …
- Sindhi. …
- Rajput. The Rajput group is typical of India’s ancient warrior or Kshatriya category. …
- Christians. Christianity is the country’s wealthiest faith.
Which is the poor state in India?
Chhattisgarh is one of the poorest states in India. About 1/3 of the population of Chhattisgarh lives below the poverty line. 93% of the people in the state of Chhattisgarh are poor.
Which is the first largest tribe in India?
The Gond comprise the largest tribal group of India with a population exceeding 12 million. Linguistically, the Gond belong to the Gondi–Manda subgroup of the South Central branch of the Dravidian language family.
Which is the second largest tribe in India?
Gond is the second largest tribe, with a population of 4,357,918 constituting 35.6 per cent.
What are the 7 Indian nations?
- Blackfeet Tribe of the Blackfeet Reservation.
- Chippewa Cree Tribe of the Rocky Boy’s Reservation.
- Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation.
- Crow Tribe of the Crow Reservation.
- Fort Belknap Tribes of the Fort Belknap Reservation.
- Fort Peck Tribes of the Fort Peck Reservation.
What Native American tribes no longer exist?
List of unrecognized groups claiming to be American Indian tribes
- Cherokee Nation of Alabama. …
- Cherokee River Indian Community. …
- Chickamauga Cherokee of Alabama.
- Chickmaka Band of the South Cumberland Plateau.
- Coweta Creek Tribe. …
- Eagle Bear Band of Free Cherokees.