Bright gold and red copper, lustrous and complete on both obverse and reverse. Further more, the coin was protected from contact with other pennies leaving the surfaces free of any significant marks.
What is the rarest Indian head penny?
These are the most valuable Indian Head pennies, from least to most expensive.
- 1895 Indian Head Cent. Penny value: $172. …
- 1885 Indian Head Cent. …
- 1886 Indian Head Cent (Type 1) (Tie) …
- 1874 Indian Head Cent (Tie) …
- 1875 Indian Head Cent. …
- 1873 Indian Head Cent (Open 3) …
- 1878 Indian Head Cent (Tie) …
- 1876 Indian Head Cent (Tie)
Where is the mint mark on a 1902 Indian head penny?
Indian Head cent
|Mint marks||S. Located below the wreath on the reverse. Philadelphia Mint specimens struck without mint mark.|
|Design||Liberty with head dress.|
|Designer||James B. Longacre|
Should I clean my Indian head penny?
While cleaning an Indian Head Penny is not advised, especially for old coins or those that have been inherited, there is a way to clean the penny using mild dishwashing detergent. Wash hand with soap to remove oils and dirt from your fingers. … Place the penny in the soapy water and gently rub on both sides of the coin.
What is the most sought after penny?
25 Most Valuable US Pennies
- 1.) 1944 Steel Wheat Penny – Worth $110,334.
- 2.) 1943 Copper Wheat Penny – Worth $85,782.
- 3.) 1856 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $25,000.
- 4.) 1873 Indian Head Penny – Worth $10,000.
- 5.) 1858 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $10,000.
- 6.) 1857 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $7,000.
- 7.) …