Concerning the passport number, it is not possible to get the number online. You need to mail a notarized request for a copy of your passport record.
How can I check my Indian passport number online?
How to Check Passport Status in India
- Visit the official passport website and select the ‘Track Your Application Status’ tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select the type of application from among the options listed.
- Enter the 15-digit file number and your date of birth in the format prescribed and click on ‘Track Status’.
Can I look up passport number online?
Concerning the passport number, it is not possible to get the number online. You need to mail a notarized request for a copy of your passport record. A search for your passport record is free with your notarized request.
Can I check my passport details online?
Access the Online Passport Status System to check your application status. You may not be able to get a status update for 5 to 6 weeks after you apply or renew.
How many digits are there in Indian passport number?
Answer Expert Verified
The passport number in India is alphanumeric with J and 7 digits after that i.e. JXXXXXXX. This passport number is found on two places in the passport.
What are the documents required for the passport?
Documents required for a fresh passport
- Photo passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks.
- A voter ID card.
- Aadhaar card.
- Electricity bill.
- Rent agreement.
- Driving license.
- PAN card.
- Landline or postpaid mobile bill.
What is given name in passport?
Previous Name2, Given Name (Given Name means First Name and Middle Name) Enter another previous name (first name + middle name). You can enter up to 45 characters. Initials and honorifics (e.g. Dr., Col., etc.)
Is surname compulsory in passport?
insist on surname for issue of visa. If you use a surname you must furnish the same here. No initials should be written and all initials (if any) in the applicant’s name should be expanded. For instance, for the name used above, writing the Given Name as “P.K.