Wildlife sanctuaries of India are classified as IUCN Category IV protected areas. As of December 2020, 553 wildlife sanctuaries were established in the country that cover 119,776 km2 (46,246 sq mi).
What are the important wildlife sanctuaries of India?
Top 20 Wildlife Sanctuary in India
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka. …
- Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra. …
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala. …
- Interview Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Andaman. …
- Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Gujarat. …
- Karakoram Wildlife Sanctuary, Jammu and Kashmir. …
- Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary, Gujarat.
How many wildlife sanctuaries are in India answer?
Complete answer: There are a total of 372 wildlife sanctuaries in India covering more than 1,09,652 square kilometres of the total geographical land of the country.
Which is the most famous wildlife sanctuary?
Located in the district of Nainital, Jim Corbett National Park is one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries India has to offer. This sanctuary is profoundly known for its magnificent royal Bengal tigers. Apart from these exquisite animals, this place has abundant flora and fauna, making it popular worldwide.
Which is the first sanctuary in India?
Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park in India, which was established in 1936 to protect the endangered Bengal Tiger. It is an eco-tourism destination which contains 488 species of plants and a diverse variety of fauna. Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary is located in North Goa District Sattari Taluka.
Which is the biggest wildlife sanctuary in the world?
Largest protected areas of the world
|2||Ross Sea Region Marine Protected Area||2016|
|3||Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument||2006|
|4||Natural Park of the Coral Sea||2014|
What are the advantages of wildlife sanctuaries?
The wildlife sanctuaries are established to protect the endangered species. It is quite difficult to always relocate the animals from their natural habitat, therefore, protecting them in their natural environment is advantageous. The endangered species are specially monitored in the wildlife sanctuaries.
Which state has highest wildlife sanctuaries in India?
The union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India had the highest number of wildlife sanctuaries in 2019.
Number of wildlife sanctuaries in India in 2019, by state.
|Characteristic||Number of wildlife sanctuaries|
Which is the smallest national park in India?
National Parks in India: Important Points
- Largest National Park: Hemis National Park, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Smallest National Park: South Button Island National Park, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Largest Wildlife Sanctuary: Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
- Smallest Wildlife Sanctuary: Bor Tiger reserve, Maharashtra.
Which state has the highest number of wildlife sanctuaries?
Explanation: Madhya Pradesh state has the maximum number of wildlife sanctuaries in India. It has total of 36 wildlife sanctuaries.
What are the five wildlife sanctuaries?
Top Wildlife Sanctuaries In India
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala.
- Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand.
- Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
- Hemis National Park, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam.
- Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan.
- Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand.
Which animal is famous in Taxicom sanctuary?
Answer: On the North of the peninsula of Baja California, sprawls the largest wildlife refuge in Mexico. It is a dry area with very little rainfall, where coyotes and hares have learned to subsist by eating the water-filled leaves of succulent plants.